Friday, February 26, 2010

here goes it...

So the reason behind this blog venture is my long thought out delve into entrepreneurship... opening an Etsy shop and then someday a shop with a huge front window and a cat. It has always been a dream of mine to own my own business, set my own hours, and sell only things that I find beautiful, in hopes that others will see what I see... and I am including some of my art into this plethora of stuff.

I have been wondering around flea markets and antique stores since I could walk without knocking stuff over, I love finding things that can be made into something new... from old ice cream dishes to drawers, and {my personal favorite} furniture. I also love spending the day hiding in my studio, vigorously sanding away at whatever I can get my hands on. My paint brushes are always soaking in a jar of strange colored water ready and waiting to filled with paint.

I guess I would like this blog to be a documentation of my growth as an artist. A place for my friends and family, as well as my customers to see what it is I do all day. A place for me to post pretty pictures of my work, and my inspirations. I believe that God has closed some doors in my life that have allowed for this very special door to open... so I am going to run through it before it shuts!!

And... one last thing, I have the most amazing man in my life, who is supporting me 100% in this little adventure. Thank you Chad.


2 comments:

  1. I can relate to this dream Steph, and I love that you are following it! I look forward to following your blog, seeing your work, and supporting your store. Maybe we can come up with some sort of joint art venture. Thanks for sharing. We love you! Liga

    ReplyDelete
  2. When God closes a door, he closes it for a reason. Maybe this is why he closed it :) I love you! You will do amazing and I can't wait to buy stuff from you!

    ReplyDelete